Who Do We Work With?
Our clients come mainly from the “Third” or “Not for Profit” sector but we also work with private companies committed to strengthening their social, environmental and economic impact on society. We work in the UK, in other parts of Europe, in Africa, the Middle East, Asia, the Americas and the Pacific.
What do our clients want and need?
- Our clients need solutions to organizational challenges. They need help understanding the implications of long-term and short-term external trends for the organization’s strategy and structures, and they are looking for advice on what needs changing and support in leading the change.
- They are looking for improved and innovative ways of enhancing capacity sustainably. They want to become more resilient in the face of external shocks, they want the organization to be more agile and better able to respond and adapt; they want to be the best at what they do, deliver great results for their customers, and they want to build mutually advantageous relationships with their partners.
- They are aware of the benefits that participatory processes bring (empowered staff, a better-informed process, enhanced engagement, better relationships, an enjoyable experience and consensus) but they lack skills in designing and facilitating these events.
- Our clients prize tranformational leadership, and seeks to empower staff at all levels to lead in their particular sphere of influence.
- They want to address the root causes of problems and find out what’s really going on. They want to explore reasons for resistance to change, to surface tensions, to “name the elephant in the room”. They believe in transparency and openness.
- Our clients value diversity – in terms of both contributions and opinions. They want to get the most out of their diverse workforce through the creation of a more intelligent, happy, human and – above all – productive workplace.
- They value high performance but also a positive impact on society and the environment and seek help in marrying the two.
We deliver a professional, reliable and unique service – drawing on the best talent within our network. We pay attention to clear contracting from the outset (not just deliverables – but also roles, ways of working and sustainability measures) and we regularly review how things are going compared to expectations to allow modification of the process. We pro-actively seek comprehensive feedback as a means of learning and improving what we do.
- British Red Cross Society
- Caribbean Disaster Emergency Management Agency
- HelpAge International
- International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent, Caribbean region
- Marie Stopes Madagascar
- Positive Money
- Save the Children